More preowned business jets, turboprops and turbine helicopters sold in the first seven months of 2010 than in the same period last year, according to aviation data supplier JetNet. Among JetNet’s other findings, all based on a comparison of the first seven months of 2010 with the same period in 2009:
• Business jet inventory showed the largest change—down 2.8 percentage points to 14.9 percent—and the segment led in sales transactions, which were up 33.8 percent.
• Time-on-market increased 77 days for business jets to an average of 342 days.
• Sale prices of preowned business jets dropped 12.5 percent.
• Turboprop inventory edged closer to normal levels, falling 1.2 points to 10.9 percent.
• Sales transactions for turboprops rose 5.5 percent, while prices fell 10.5 percent.
• Turbine helicopter transactions climbed 13.1 percent while prices declined 6.9 percent.